i had someone remind me this morning that way back when i started writing in this space i used to post these wednesday words, it made me look back and remember how fun these posts are to write (thanks kenz!) so i’m going to work on bringing these back every wednesday!
1. i can’t remember where i first saw this, it was a while back and i love it. i’ve tried to remind myself of it at least once a day, especially in the last week or so and especially when it comes to this space. worrying doesn’t get us anywhere, it’s the risks and chances we take that get us to where we want to be. so what if you fall? you get back up and try something else, eventually you will fly.
2. if your dreams don’t scare you they aren’t big enough:: why would you work for something if it doesn’t scare and excite you? chances are you won’t. set a dream that scares you because then you’ll do everything in your power to make it a reality, if it doesn’t scare you chances are it’s not worth it.
3. be who you are, not who the world wants you to be :: i think too often we are told what we need to be to fit into certain molds of society, how to be smart: go to college, how to be successful: get a 9-5 job in an office, how to be happy: find a significant other and get married etc. i also think our generation is breaking those molds and it’s so great to see and be a part of. don’t be afraid to be different and don’t let anyone tell you what you’re doing is the wrong way to do it.
4. if you really want to catch your dream you have to chase it:: you can’t sit around and expect good things to happen to you, get out there, take risks put yourself out there and chase your dreams- that’s the only way to make them become realities
5. enjoy every moment:: have fun, take risks, be stupid, enjoy your youth, enjoy your life, eat the piece of cake, go on the expensive trip, buy the shoes, learn from your mistakes, never regret anything. live your live to the fullest.